The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for leading the delivery of geotechnical aspects of projects to support the other disciplines within the company. This position will work closely and collaborate with a team of experienced engineers and scientists. Projects will be balanced between environmental and site civil engineering projects in the Northeast. This is an excellent opportunity for a technically strong geotechnical engineer who is interested in professional growth and leadership opportunities.
- Construction and earthwork designs
- Earth support systems
- Existing design and peer review
- Field instrumentation and analysis
- Forensic assessments
- Foundation evaluation
- Ground improvement analysis
- Pavement design and evaluation
- Resource evaluation
- Rock anchor design
- Slope stability & landslide analysis
- Stand-alone or bundled geotechnical/environmental investigations
- Interacting with clients, contractors, and representing the firm in a professional manner at project sites.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Professional Engineer license (PE)
Ransom offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, life & disability, 401k, paid time off, a $500 annual wellness initiative, and free parking. Our office is conveniently located on downtown Portland’s working waterfront.
Ransom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.