We are looking for a Project Manager/Geologist/Hydrogeologist to join our Portsmouth, New Hampshire office. This is exciting opportunity to work on a wide range of technically complex and regionally significant projects in Maine, other areas in New England, and the mid-Atlantic. The position is responsible for providing technical direction and mentorship for junior staff on contaminated and clean-water hydrogeologic investigations, state and federal permitting projects, and site selection and investigation for aquaculture and other commercial or industrial clients.
Reporting to a Vice President and/or Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager/Geologist/Hydrogeologist will work with managers and staff throughout the company and across offices to meet project needs. The workload is multidisciplinary, but requires strong analytical skills and a strong background in geology and hydrogeology. Experience with marine science and/or oceanography is a plus.
In addition to scientific skill, this position also requires excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to serve as primary author of hydrogeologic investigation reports, permitting documents, and other technical and non-technical documents.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in geology, hydrogeology, environmental engineering, or other directly related field strongly preferred
- 8 to 10+ years of relevant experience in consulting or other closely related business
- Strong understanding of principles of geology and hydrogeology, including:
- Experience in designing and implementing hydrogeological investigations of contaminated sites in overburdened systems and sedimentary/crystalline bedrock systems.
- Experience developing and testing public and/or private water supply sources (surface water and/or groundwater)
- Experience conducting hydrologic work such as stream gauging, developing rating curves, water balance models, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in business development
- Strong skills in spatial data analysis using ArcGIS or other GIS-based workflows
- Strong skills in technical computing and data analysis using software such as Matlab, R, or Python
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills
- Project management skills and experience, including developing budgets, writing proposals, and managing project budgets
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior staff
Ransom offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, life & disability, 401k, paid time off, a $500 annual wellness initiative, and free parking.
Ransom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.