We’re looking for an entry to mid-level Civil Engineer to join our Civil and Coastal Engineering team in our Portland, ME office. Responsibilities include:
- Design of gravity storm drain systems and municipal water and sewer systems.
- Hydrologic evaluations, stormwater design and permitting
- Site grading, roadway grading and ADA compliance
- Preparation of construction bidding documents including construction drawings and specifications
- Conducting site observations, existing conditions backchecking, and written field reports
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment; effectively communicating and collaborating with all levels of organization
- Working knowledge of local and state permitting requirements
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training is a plus
- AutoCAD, HydroCAD and other civil design related software experience. Experience with Civil3D is a plus.
- Ransom offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, life & disability, 401k, paid time off, a $500 annual wellness initiative, and free parking at our office on Downtown Portland’s working waterfront.
- Ransom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.