The Office Assistant/Receptionist plays a key role in creating the first impression of our company, and exemplifies our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and employees. This position is responsible for performing a variety of office and administrative support duties, helping to maintain a professional office appearance, and facilitating effective communications.
- Greet and welcome all visitors, announcing their arrival.
- Answer and appropriately direct all calls, assisting the caller and ensuring their needs are met; serve as a back up to answer phones in other Ransom offices as needed.
- Coordinate meetings and conference room availability, ordering food and any supplies needed.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and deliveries, and arrange for outgoing deliveries.
- Provide word processing and document preparation support to staff in order to ensure that all documents meet established formatting and content standards for presentation to clients and other public entities. Duties include editing, proofreading, formatting, scanning, copying, and binding reports in addition to editing and formatting Word documents, Excel tables, and PDFs.
- Serve as liaison to IT and technology vendors to facilities computer/phone set up and deactivation; assist in troubleshooting issues.
- Provide support to staff on use of computer, phone, and office equipment and software (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.)
- Monitor office supplies and place timely orders as needed.
- Ensure the office space and common areas are presentable.
- Coordinate facility issues with appropriate vendors (e.g., cleaning companies, building maintenance, etc.) to ensure timely resolution.
- Complete bank deposits in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy.
- Support follow-up for customer invoices.
- Review vendor statements against accounting system, ensuring invoices are complete.
- Provide support to Ransom’s Glassboro, NJ office as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and collaborate
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with other Microsoft Office suite products (PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)
- Strong understanding of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and the English language
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to accomplish tasks according to established priorities and schedules in a fast-paced office
- High School Diploma
- Two + years experience working in a similar, office support role