We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager (PM) to join our team. The PM is responsible for the successful execution of increasingly complex projects, ensuring that client expectations are met.
- Responsible for overall project management including initiating projects or tasks within larger, more complex projects. Developing the Scope of Work (SOW), budget, project tasks, and schedules. Initiating project contracts for approval by Company Officer.
- Conducting project kick off meetings to ensure that project tasks, deliverables, health and safety risks, communication protocols, time frames etc. are understood by project team.
- Providing technical support and mentoring for the project team in the areas of field work, report writing and data analysis; interpreting regulatory and technical requirements for the project.
- Reviewing documents for reports/letters within projects and following process for final review/approval; preparing and presenting in accordance with Ransom’s SOPs.
- Managing all financial and administrative components within a project and ensuring that all costs are managed within the budget. Communicating and receiving approval for variances and changes in a timely manner.
- Submitting all financial components for the project, ensuring timely billing
- Managing client A/R and following up to ensure timely payment
- Managing the client relationship to ensure satisfaction with timely and clear communication about project status or changes; understanding client needs.
- Responsible for proposal development for new and ongoing projects. Ensuring that the SOW, all costs, etc. are accurate and ensuring project profitability. Supporting SPM or Sales/Project Manager in proposal development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in environmentally oriented field (geology, environmental science, hydrology, engineering, etc.)
- 8+ years of professional experience, preferably in an environmental consulting firm, with a demonstrated track record in successfully managing projects. (Master’s degree considered as 1 year of experience)
- Expertise in a technical area(s) and with applicable regulations, i.e. applicable Federal but emphasis on MA, RI and CT
- Strong project management skills, including developing project timelines and budgets, managing project scope, managing contracts and risk for complex projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage the legal and financial components of client and vendor contracts
- Ability to attract and retain clients by developing strong relationships, and delivering projects that are on time, on budget, and meet quality standards
- Ability to manage teams in a matrixed environment, setting clear expectations and following up as needed to ensure team is on track in meeting project deliverables
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements within a technical area(s). Initiative to learn new regulations and ensure understanding of current regulations as they relate to projects and findings
- Strong writing skills. Communicates clearly and effectively and adjusts as appropriate for the audience.
- Proficiency with Project Management/Accounting software (Vantagepoint)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Ransom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.