We are seeking an experienced Project Scientist/Engineer to join our team of environmental professionals. The successful candidate will bring his/her strong knowledge of environmental and geological principles to assess and oversee environmental due diligence investigations and subsurface contamination scenarios.
- Performing Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and other environmental due diligence projects, including visual reconnaissance, interviews, research and report preparation to identify contaminants of concern and other potential environmental risks.
- Overseeing site drilling and sampling including site preparation, determination of well and boring placement, and coordination and providing direction to subcontractors on site to ensure that work is completed timely and according to Scope of Work (SOW) and applicable regulations. Using experience and judgment to make decisions on increasingly complex technical issues related to the project.
- Developing and presenting findings and recommendations using approved templates and formats in accordance with the QA/QC process. Preparing all letters and reports for the project ensuring accuracy, and presenting to the Project Manager for final review/approval before presentation to client.
- Providing peer review of reports/letters, etc. within technical capability and expertise.
- Following designated procedures for sampling and data collection to ensure thorough analysis and presentation of site risk.
- Providing training to staff on appropriate field work procedures and equipment operation within technical capability and expertise, as well as documentation and analysis of findings.
- Following all health and safety protocols.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmentally oriented field (geology, environmental science, hydrology, engineering, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in a scientist/engineering role
- Understanding of environmental and geologic principles relative to environmental contamination and remediation.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations. Ability to research and develop understanding and application of new regulations or regulations in a new technical area.
- Skilled with field sampling equipment operation and application; field screening procedures, sample collection procedures and subsurface investigation methods.
- Ability to train staff on equipment, procedures, and SOPs within technical capability and expertise.
- Ability to work with or, in certain circumstances, confidently lead staff and contractors on multiple, complex site events to successful completion.
- Ability to collect and interpret data, draw preliminary conclusions, and make recommendations based on understanding of project and client requirements.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to present complex technical information in audience appropriate language and format.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with co-workers, clients, sub-contractors, vendors to meet project objectives.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
- The position includes field and office work (app. 60/40). For field work, employees must be able to stand, walk, and use arms and hands to operate equipment. Employee must be able to work in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions and lift standard field equipment and supplies of up to 50 pounds alone or collaboratively.
- The employee is required to drive to job sites and must have the ability to travel on short notice as well as the ability to travel to locations that may be 2-3 hours from the home office on a regular basis. There may be occasional overnight travel.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required. (A driver’s license check will be conducted upon hire).
- Noise protection and other PPE, including protective clothing or respirator, may be required on job sites.
- Employee must maintain OSHA HAZWOPER certification and participate in the Medical Monitoring program.
Ransom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.