We are seeking an experienced Project Scientist to join our team of environmental professionals. The successful candidate will bring his/her strong knowledge of environmental and geological principles to assess and oversee complex environmental contamination and permitting scenarios.
- Overseeing site sampling programs using various field methods including establishing data quality objectives, site mobilization and preparation, selection of sample locations, and coordination
- Providing direction to subcontractors on site to ensure that work is completed timely and according to budget, according to standard operating protocols (SOPs) and applicable regulations
- Following designated procedures for sampling and data collection to ensure thorough analysis and presentation of site conditions and risks
- Developing and presenting findings and recommendations using approved templates and formats and in accordance with the QA/QC process. Preparing all letters and reports for the project ensuring accuracy, formatting consistency, etc. and presenting to the Sr. Project Manager for final review/approval before presentation to client.
- Providing training to staff on appropriate field work procedures and equipment operation, as well as documentation and analysis of findings
- Providing peer review of reports/letters, etc. within technical capability and expertise
- Following all health and safety protocols
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmentally oriented field (geology, biology, environmental science, hydrology, engineering, etc.)
- 3-10 years of experience in a scientist/engineering role
- Understanding of environmental and scientific principles related to environmental contamination and remediation
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations. Ability to research and develop understanding and application of new regulations or regulations in a new technical area.
- Experience in site development and environmental permitting including local, state, and federal regulations. Experience with support of public involvement activities preferred. Ability to interface with multi-disciplinary teams and synthesize and organize information into permit application requirements.
- Skilled in field sampling equipment operation and application; field screening procedures, sample collection procedures and subsurface investigation methods.
- Experience with GIS and integration with other mapping tools
- Ability to confidently lead staff and supervise contractors on multiple, complex site events to successful completion
- Ability to collect and interpret data, draw preliminary conclusions, and make recommendations based on understanding of project and client requirements
- Strong writing skills and the ability to present complex technical information
- Strong interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions:
- The position includes office work and field work (app. 60/40). For field work, employees must be able to stand, walk, and use arms and hands to operate equipment. Employee must be able to work in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions and lift standard field equipment and supplies of up to 50 pounds alone or collaboratively.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required. (A driver’s license check will be conducted upon hire).
- Noise protection and other PPE, including protective clothing or respirator, may be required on job sites.
- Employee must maintain OSHA HAZWOPER certification and participate in the Medical Monitoring program
Ransom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.