Embrace a world of career possibilities today! Ransom is looking for a full-time Project Manager to join the team, working out of any one of our Offices in New Hampshire/ Maine/ Rhode Island/ Massachusetts.
Who We are:
Ransom Consulting, LLC for over 35 years has been a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental company, providing value-added and resilient solutions to our clients. We live and work in the communities we serve and have a vested interest in the success of our partners’ projects. Always innovating, our team continually delivers sustainable solutions for our projects, our partners, and the planet.
What you will be doing at Ransom:
As a PM you will be responsible for the successful execution of increasingly complex projects and ensuring that client expectations are met.
- Responsible for overall project management including initiating projects or tasks within larger, more complex projects. Developing the Scope of Work (SOW), budget, project tasks, and schedules. Initiating project contracts for approval by Company Officer
- Conducting project kick off meetings to ensure that project tasks, deliverables, health and safety risks, communication protocols, time frames etc. are understood by project team
- Providing technical support and mentoring for the project team in the areas of field work, report writing and data analysis; interpreting regulatory and technical requirements for the project
- Reviewing documents for reports/letters within projects and following process for final review/approval; preparing and presenting in accordance with Ransom’s SOPs
- Managing all financial and administrative components within a project and ensuring that all costs are managed within the budget. Communicating and receiving approval for variances and changes in a timely manner
- Managing the client relationship to ensure satisfaction with timely and clear communication about project status or changes; understanding additional client needs
- Responsible for proposal development for new and ongoing projects. Ensuring that all costs, the SOW, etc. are accurate and ensuring project profitability. Supporting SPM or Sales/Project Manager in proposal development
What you bring to the Ransom team:
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in environmentally oriented field (geology, environmental science, hydrology, engineering, etc.)
- 8-14 years of professional experience, preferably in an environmental consulting firm, with a demonstrated track record in successfully managing projects. (Master’s degree considered as 1 year of experience)
- Expertise in a technical area(s) and with applicable regulations, i.e. applicable Federal but emphasis on RI, MA, NH, ME and CT
- Strong project management skills, including developing project timelines and budgets, managing project scope, managing contracts and risk for complex projects
- Strong organizational skills to manage all tasks within multiple projects
- Ability to manage the legal and financial components of client and vendor contracts
- Ability to attract and retain clients by developing strong relationships, and delivering projects that are on time, on budget, and meet quality standards
- Ability to manage teams in a matrixed environment, setting clear expectations and following up as needed to ensure team is on track in meeting project deliverables
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements within a technical area(s).
- Strong writing skills. Communicates clearly and effectively and adjusts as appropriate for the audience.
- Proficiency with Project Management/Accounting software (Vision)
What do we offer?
Of course, we offer competitive salaries and great benefits, but what makes Ransom stand out from the crowd?
- Medical, dental and vision plan options.
- Basic Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible workplace to support work life balance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid time-off and holidays.
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Ransom is an Equal Opportunity Employer