Senior Project Manager
Maine/Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Rhode Island
Embrace a world of career possibilities today! Ransom is looking for a full-time Sr. Project Manager to join the team, working out of any one of our Offices in New Hampshire/ Maine/ Rhode Island/ Massachusetts.
Who We are:
Ransom Consulting, LLC for over 35 years has been a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental company, providing value-added and resilient solutions to our clients. We live and work in the communities we serve and have a vested interest in the success of our partners’ projects. Always innovating, our team continually delivers sustainable solutions for our projects, our partners, and the planet.
What you will be doing at Ransom:
The Senior Project Manager provides leadership on a variety of multi-disciplinary project teams focused on environmental and engineering consulting, etc. and plays a key role in delivering the “above and beyond” experience for our clients and by building relationships of long-term trust. As a Ransom consultant, you will work on all aspects of projects in New England with multi-disciplinary teams to enhance your growth and professional development.
In addition to core project management responsibilities, the Senior Project Manager provides leadership in staff management and development and brings in new consulting opportunities that leverage Ransom’s capabilities.
Project Management and Business Management
- Collaborate with Office Managers and VPs to initiate projects including establishing project teams, developing initiation documents, project schedules, statement of work and cost estimates.
- Ensure that project teams have the correct resources for technical expertise and to optimize project cost structure.
- Manage project implementation ensuring coordination of project resources to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule, and to resolve issues related to scope or resource changes.
- Serves as the primary client contact for assigned projects providing regular updates to ensure clarity of expectations and timely communication and resolution of issues, scope change, etc.
- Maximize project profitability by ensuring that project costs are managed within project budget and communicate budget changes to appropriate client contact/staff.
- Meet or exceed utilization, cost-offs, A/R, project gross profit targets.
- Prepare and submit timesheets, purchase orders, equipment, and expense reports in a timely manner and in accordance with Ransom’s SOPs to ensure timely and correct client invoicing.
Field Work and Document Preparation
- Design and/or provide supervision and technical support for field investigations, field assessments, remediation system installation and evaluation.
- Provide ‘final senior review’ to all reports, letters, work plans, etc.
Client Relationships and Business Development
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure timely updates and also to understand their current and future needs to identify additional consulting opportunities.
- Engage in appropriate professional and community organizations to optimize business development opportunities.
- Meet business development targets for client acquisition and retention.
Staff Management, Mentoring and Collaboration
- As a supervisor, you will be assigned staff to ensure quality of work and expansion of knowledge and expertise, and support career development plans. Provide feedback and performance management to ensure staff meet performance expectations.
- Mentor junior and technical staff to share expertise and enhance their technical and professional learning.
- Provide leadership in cultivating and maintaining a positive work culture.
What you bring to the Ransom team:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an environmentally oriented field (e.g. environmental science, engineering, geology, hydrology, etc.).
- Roughly 15 years professional experience in an environmental consulting or engineering company (advanced degree may count toward the experience requirement).
- Professional Certification preferred (e.g., Professional Engineer, Licensed Site Professional, Licensed Environmental Professional, Professional Geologist, Certified Industrial Hygienist, etc.).
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and mentoring staff as well as supporting a positive work culture.
- Demonstrated success in client acquisition and retention.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute projects, prioritizing work and communicating scope changes in a timely manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work in a field environment exposed to temperature extremes and other environmental factors.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to job sites throughout Ransom’s geographic region (can be up to 3+ hours away).
Due to potential exposure to hazardous materials, this position requires participation in the medical monitoring program.
What do we offer?
Of course, we offer competitive salaries and great benefits, but what makes Ransom stand out from the crowd?
- Medical, dental and vision plan options with wellness benefits
- Basic Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible workplace to support work life balance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid time-off and holidays.
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Ransom is an Equal Opportunity Employer